Aug 202014
 

Part 1 HERE

Part 2 HERE

Part 3 HERE

Well, today I finally got my home made planner finished.  Yes, it’s veered well away from my original ideas as I ran into problems.  I’ve ended up with a kind of “Filodori” – basically just the cover and the ring mechanism.   There’s a lot of bling.  An awful lot of bling in fact.  I got carried away decorating 😀

The first part of the added decoration was to die cut some leather offcuts to make “hinges” which were then given the copper gilt cream treatment. These are held on with tiny rivets and a bit of superglue.

There’s a square pocket on the outside front cover.  This is attached with 4 emerald green rivets and a line of superglue around all but the top edge giving a pocket to slip stuff in or even a small pen holder.

I did some more die cutting of offcuts – a key and an escutcheon.  The key is on the front leather flyleaf and the escutcheon covers the area around the stud fastener.

Total cost around £22.

Photo time 🙂

Filodori

So – here it is. By no means perfect or professional looking but it IS original

Filodori

I also did a little die cutting on the end of the closure strap. The book corners are simply hammered into place. The little rose charm halfway down the spine is to cover a hole where I was going to use a lace to keep it tied up then changed my mind

Filodori

The die cut key on the front leather flyleaf

Filodori

As you can see, there are a lot of backs of rivets showing on the inside

Filodori

Can’t lay any flatter than that !!

Filodori

Embossing on the front pocket

Filodori

Embossing on the Binder Protector

Filodori

Fully open shot. There’s a piece of plastic right at the back to give it a bit of firmness. I may change that at some time in the future