Jun 252014
 

Part 1 HERE

Part 2 HERE

If you’ve been following my previous posts on the making of a bespoke planner, you’ll be sad , but maybe not surprised to learn that I’ve come up against a major hurdle.  Yesterday, as I had some time to spare, I started putting together the inner part of the planner.  This was using a “leatherette” type material.  The first part went OK, but then when I got to the folded over pockets which resulted in 6 layers, disaster happened.

Initially, I thought I’d broken my sewing machine, but after dismantling all the bobbin gubbins and pulling out all of the cotton that was jamming everything up, I was able to move the wheel again but, alas, my needle had been bent out of shape.    Fortunately, I’ve got spares so all should be well again, but I’m not going to attempt to use it again on this material.

It’s way too thick for me to sew it by hand so the original plan has been abandoned.   However, not one to be beaten, I’ve had the idea to use cotton material for the inner part.  I know my machine can handle that, and if the truth be known, this would suit “my style” better than the dark green leatherette anyway.  I’m sure I have some floral fabric in my stash that would go well with the teal leather that will be the outer cover 🙂

To be continued…. it’s not over yet !